Sunday, January 27, 2019

Bloomurder


This is a zinester I discovered on Etsy. They have a few different types of zines. They have botanical and literary-inspired zines, as well as poetry zines. If you follow me on Instagram then you already know I am really into poetry, so that’s what I have from Bloomurder.
Spring time pleasures
This one is a mini poetry zine that is spring and flower themed. The poetry is typed on a typewriter and copy and pasted onto the sheets along with images of flowers. A fun touch/bonus: inside of zine unfolds to a flower collage poster. A fun zine to look over multiple times.
Celestial
A poetry zine that features poetry by bloomurder accompanied by some of their favourite pieces of art. Poetry in this collection is celestial themed, it is second in a trilogy of poetry zines, and curated from all the poems they wrote between 1997 - 2016. I love that they included the title and artist for each of the art pieces featured so you can look into it more if you love the art as well. I think my favourite poem in this zine is Refugee. 
The Lilac Dreamer
This is a beautifully handwritten poetry zine that features a single narrative poem which includes a few photos of lilac trees, that I believe were photos taken by bloomurder. I really enjoyed this one. They did a great job with the storyline. I imagine they could write really cool short stories someday if that is a thing that is of interest to them.
Vapid
This is a poetry zine which includes poems that feel like moments of lost hope. Each poem is pasted onto a simple background that brings attention to the poem and adds to that stark feeling these poems inspire.
After seeing what a great job they did with their poetry zines it leaves me wanting more. You should definitely check them out. You can find them on Etsy, Instagram or Facebook. You can also email them at bloomurder@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment