Friday, November 30, 2018

Jams


Jams is one of the first zines I ever received from a zinester. It is a music review zine. It features 6 album reviews, for each review he included a page of drawings that he drew while listening to the album in one listening session. He includes a rad synopsis of the album, his favourite track on the album and what he thinks it tastes like. The whole thing is written by hand, which I think looks way better than if he had typed it out. 
I loved the drawings, it complimented the content very well. I also like how he chose to handwrite the reviews; It kind of reminded me of Beavis & Butthead. It was a cool selection of music, with a few bands I never have heard of. 
Chris not only reached out to me to trade zines when I was a brand new zinester, but he also recommended me another zinester in my country to check out which I have always appreciated. So thank you dearly for being super cool.
You can check out Chris through his Instagram account.

No comments:

Post a Comment