Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Take Care


I got this zine, and submitted to it, a few months before I started making zines. It was my reminder that zines existed. I had made a few poetry zines when I was 14 but never really did anything with them. The fact that this zine existed was the spark that lit the zine making fire inside of me. So I am deeply thankful for that.
This is a bi-annual collaborative zine featuring art, poetry, short stories, mantras, collages, etc all focusing on mental health. The purpose of this zine is to encourage creative expression as a way to heal, process trauma and promote self-care. They also give you the option to submit anonymously, which I think is amazing because not everyone is comfortable being so emotionally vulnerable and sharing it with the world. It is a wonderful collection and I am honored to be a part of it. 
My copy came with a handmade affirmation card. I have that card posted on my cork-board and look at it often. It's helped me so much this year. The thought and effort that they put into making this zine is amazing.

If you want to support this project check out their website to submit or grab a copy for yourself or head over to their Instagram page.

No comments:

Post a Comment