Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Negative Scissors & Strawberry Leaflet


Zippity Zinedra was the first Canadian zinester I ever made contact with. They were recommended to me by someone else, which I am thankful for. In the first envelope I received from them I got a copy of Negative Scissors and Strawberry Leaflet #1-3.
Negative Scissors
This is a 24-page zine in black and white, made in a cut and paste design. It features stories about their life; random events, random thoughts. Told in a unique and sincere voice. The stories are typed on a typewriter and pasted onto a collage\cut-and-paste background. Most of the stories they include showcase what it’s like to live with a mental illness and features a lot of thoughts which are very relatable.
Strawberry Leaflet
These leaflets are a single paper folder brochure style. Each one is just an update about their life; current thoughts, things that had happened during the month. And reading these really made me crave to do something similar (I haven’t yet). Everything I have read by them leaves me feeling inspired to create. They have such a unique voice in which they talk about their experiences that leaves me intrigued every time. You can’t tell in my photo, but they are all done on pastel purple paper. Love the purple.
If you want to support Zippity Zinedra you can buy their zines on their Etsy shop.
You can get in contact with them through Facebook, Instagram or by emailing them at xyendrarocks44@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment