Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Latibule


I discovered this artist from fiveoclockzine as well. I am so thankful for the Instagram zine community. Well, the zine community as a whole too, but specifically Instagram because that’s the platform I use most often. 
Latibule is an amazing artist. I love their style of art. I love the raw sincerity they display with their art. Most of their zines I would describe as art perzines, featuring a lot of mental health themes without specifying any diagnosis in particular, which makes it even more relatable.
Untitled \ Miles Apart 
This one is an 8-page mini zine featuring watercolours and a short story about long-distance friendships/relationships. Most of the friends I have are online and a far way away, so this zine hit home for me. 
Tulips
This is an 8-page mini zine describing places that mean a lot to Latibule in a collage style. I love the idea of sharing places that feel like home to you and this was brilliantly executed.
Rose Water [no longer confused]
This is a 16-page mini zine in a comic format about trying to find yourself when the world tells you that you have to fit into the moulds they give you even if you don’t fit. 
Drift
This is an 8-page mini zine which tells a short story. I related very much to this one as well. It put into words and images a feeling I have felt countless times but don’t know how to explain. 
blur.
This is a 16-page zine which tells a story about a night Latibule had with someone. I love how they decided to draw themselves in this comic and all the subtle differences they added to show the “static” and how it affected them. 
If you are interested in their zines or art then be sure to follow them on Instagram or Facebook. You can also contact them directly at latibuleart@gmail.com
You can show your support for them at https://ko-fi.com/latibule

No comments:

Post a Comment